Whoever you’re rooting for this Sunday, this lighter take on traditional nachos will make you the winner and your fans will be cheering for more!
Bell Pepper Nachos Ingredients
· 1 pound lean ground turkey
· 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
· 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
· 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
· 2 teaspoons of chili powder
· 2/3 cup of low sodium beef broth
· 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
· 2 pounds mini bell peppers, deseeded and cut in half lengthwise
· 8 oz of shredded low fat colby jack cheese
· Sliced olives, green onions, fresh tomatoes, sliced jalapeño, guacamole and/or plain Greek yogurt for toppings
Bell Pepper Nachos Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large saute pan, brown ground turkey.
3. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika and chili powder.
4. Add beef broth and let simmer until mostly evaporated.
5. Stir in black beans.
6. Arrange mini bell peppers halves on sheet pans and spoon filling into bell peppers.
7. Top with shredded cheese.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Top with favorite nacho toppings and enjoy!
Are you ready to try a free workout? Call Risa at the club 321-757-6800 or click here and experience 15 days of personal training done right with our Jump Start: